Thursday, February 18, 2010

New look!

Well, it's been a LONG time since I posted just for fun, but I've been stuck inside for awhile due to the cold and now MY cold, so why not? Winter has hit full-force in Oklahoma...we've had about 20" of snow since Christmas Eve. I have to say that it's beautiful, but after a few days, it gets old. But I know that come July and August, I'll probably be wishing for some cold days again. Here are some pics from our winter.











In other news, it's been a busy 2010 so far. Our year started out with Rachel bouncing OFF of my bed and fracturing her wrist. She spent nearly three weeks in a cast and is all better now.



Mom showed up on our doorstep a few days before my birthday...surprise! It was nice to have her here for a few days. I'll admit I was hoping she'd stay longer, but that's okay...hopefully we'll be visiting her soon.






For my digi friends, if you are looking for some fun challenges, I encourage you to head over to Sweet Shoppe Designs and check our their monthly Scrappers Portfolio challenge. On the first of each month, they give between 30 and 40 page prompts, and one hybrid project. The more of these that you complete, the bigger discount to their shoppe you earn. The full info is here. The portfolio has definitely helped me get some scrapping done this year; my wonderful CT designers have helped out too by creating some fantastic new goodies!

And then there's ADSR...the race started up on February 7th and Sharon Kay and I are off on a race through Digi-Dom! Our first stop was at NDISB itself. They gave us an easy start-up challenge. Here's my layout for challenge 1...I had to lift one of Sharon's pages and tell something (anything) about her. I'll admit I had a giggle interviewing her for this page.

Full credits here.

Then it was off to DSAG for challenge 2, which was all about the number five...not so easy for this girl who usually only scraps one or two pics on a page!

Full credits here.

Challenge 3 was at Ripal's new Scrappers Online, and it was to use selective coloring in a layout. I used one of DeDe Smith's new Mini KitZ to scrap this pic of mom and Rachel.

Full credits here.

Our most recent challenge was hosted at Digitals, and it was to make 2 ATC cards...one about our partner, and one about something or someone that I love. These little cards are the size of a business card, and I thought they were fun to make. Here are my two.


Full credits (and Sharon's cards) are here.
There are 8 more challenges to come in the next 4 weeks, and I can't wait to get to them!

And finally, I have to point out the new blogwear I'm sporting today! I snagged this fun fun set from Trixie Scraps. You can pick up the You're a Star Blogwear Set at Scrap Matters.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy scrapping!

No comments: