Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cookie time, and Happy Birthday!

I have to start this post with a big happy birthday to that plastic blonde icon, Barbie, who turned 50 this week. Have you seen the reproductions of some very popular versions of the past? I really really want to snag one or two that are repro's of dolls that I had as a child...Superstar Barbie (with snazzy pink glittery boa LOL) and Malibu Barbie with a hideous looking tan. They're a bit pricey so I will probably pass though.
Also, my dear hubby's birthday is tomorrow...and he's oh so thrilled to realize that he is even older than Barbie. We've gotten a gift for him from Rachel, but I haven't gotten him anything from me yet...I was going to take care of that today, but it's been sleeting and snowing all day, so it might have to wait until tomorrow.
I've not felt super scrappy lately...the weather has been blah and that's pretty much how I've felt, but I've done a handful of pages.

Rachel at the zoo, scrapped with Sherri Tierney's X's and O's
Photobucket

Scrapped with Lauren Grier & Heather Roselli's You Make the World Go Round
Photobucket

With Heather Roselli's Squeaky Clean
Photobucket

With Connie Prince & Lisa West's Star Struck
Photobucket

Two pages with Connie Prince's Easy Breezy
Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, what you've all been waiting for...girl scout cookie time! Um, do people really look forward to this time of year? LOL. I haven't bought them in several years, but I do recall at one time liking Samoas/Caramel deLites...although the last time I tried one, I thought that they were too sweet for my liking. If I had to buy any now, I'd probably go for the Peanut Butter Patties or Do-Si-Dos.

No comments: