Thursday, February 26, 2009

Farewell to the birthday bash

Well, hard to imagine, but February is coming to a close. And with it comes the end of Sweet Shoppe's birthday celebration. I was thrilled to win MandaBean's birthday contest, and be a runner-up in Traci Reed's contest as well. There are a few more contests still going on, so head on over and check them out this week while you still have a chance to win.
I can't believe how warm it's getting...today our high is supposed to be 80! I guess Rachel can wear shorts today LOL. Seriously, this girl is growing so fast that we are running out of clothes for her. Earlier this week, we played 'dress-up'...and had her try on all of her clothes. Nearly half of them have been tossed, along with most of her shoes. I'm so glad that the JBF sales are coming up in a few weeks, and neighborhood garage sales should start popping up around here within the next month as well.
We went for very belated Christmas and Valentine's portraits last week, and picked them us this week.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

ADSR4 is now OFFICIALLY over...we are just waiting on the prize drawings. I had SUCH a wonderful time in the race, and I am looking forward to another go-round. I just wish I didn't have to wait another year for it! There was a 13th challenge that would up being optional. I completed it, and I'd love to show it to you, but I apparently don't have it saved on this computer!
OK, on to LOs that I actually DO have to show you...

Scrapped with Growing Up Boy by Sweet Digi Scraps & Valarie Ostrom, available at BTST and Gotta Pixel:
Photobucket

For the current Cookie challenge at SSD, scrapped with La & MandaBean's Bumble Bee Mine:
Photobucket

For SSD's One Word challenge, scrapped with KCB's Love is in the Air...and no, I didn't misspell 'valentine'...I used Rachel's pronunciation:
Photobucket

And finally, for Tracy Blankenship's template/project 52 challenge at FPD, scrapped using Lliella's CNY kit:
Photobucket

And now, on to the FOB2Y challenge...a random fact about birthdays...
In the U.S.A., the most common birth date is October 5 and the least common is May 22. Our family has lots of May birthdays...a few in Octobner...so maybe we're odd ducks LOL.

No comments: