Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year

Hi peeps...long time no post. Life has been so hectic and crazy! I have to thank the gals at Sweet Shoppe for the blog challenges LOL...it's about the only time I actually post here anymore. But woohoo, I actually do have some pics to share today.

Rachel on her third birthday...she LOVES her leather skirt!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This dress is the flower girl version of my wedding dress...I found it on Ebay last year and had to get it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And in her Halloween costume, made by NiNi:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And how I scrapped the princess dress, using Kristin CB's Cherry Blossoms from SSD:
Photobucket

And using Julie Billingsley's Storybook Princess, also at SSD:
Photobucket

And from Rachel's birthday party, using Sarah Meyer's She's a Star and Text Paths: Numbers for PSE from GP:
Photobucket

And with her favorite birthday present, a girly laptop from NiNi, using Good Times by She's Full of Scrap at GP:
Photobucket

We've had several day outings this fall/winter already...thankfully there have been several free festivals around, and we have taken advantage of them.
This photo is from the Open House at the National Weather Center on the OU campus, scrapped using Jennifer Barrette's You Keep Me Warm from GP:
Photobucket

Some of my favorite photos this year have been of Rachel in the pilgrim costume that her NiNi made for her...check them out! The first 2 are scrapped with Sherri Tierney's Pumpkin Pie Spice from ES; the last is scrapped with Verena Karolyi's Natural Inspiration and Sweet September kits from GDS:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I haven't gotten around scrapping many of our Christmas photos yet, but we did take Rachel to see Santa (twice LOL). The Santa at Bass Pro Shops was great...this one is scrapped with Fresh Snow by Randi Oh and Sweet Digi Scraps:
Photobucket

And lastly, for now, Rachel playing with one of her Christmas gifts, a rockin' guitar! Scrapped with Heather Roselli's Punk Rock Princess from SSD:
Photobucket

And speaking of SSD, that brings me back to the reason for this post in the first place...BLOG CHALLENGE! Need that point to earn a big discount to buy more stuff LOL!
Today's challenge...resolutions...well, I really don't make them. However, I do plan ahead, so these are my New Years plans/resolutions!
1. Work towards being debt free (arrgh, should have been finished paying off debts this year, but some crap has hit the fan this week and it might take a bit longer GRRR)...but still will be working towards having NO CREDIT CARD DEBT, period. YAY!
2. Drop at least one dress size...sigh...the weight issue. I have decided that instead of making some grand goal, I'm going to work towards losing one size...then I'll work towards losing another. Fingers crossed on this one.
Those are really the only two that I have...need to get Rachel potty trained this year too...that's going to be a family goal though, not just my own personal one.

That's about it for now, happy new year people!

1 comment:

Demiurgia said...

What absolutely beautiful photos. I love the versatility of your girl - she looks great in leather and a flowing dress. My new years resolution is to write my list of new years resolutions lol.