Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fast Food...Junk Food

Libby has sprung a question on the Sweet Shoppe blog...what's your favorite fast food, and how often do you eat there? Perfect timing since I'm jumpstarting my diet (hate that word).

My favorite fast food...that's easy, sort of. All-time favorite would have to be Chick-Fil-A...I know that they are not all over like some fast food places, but they are the best. They used to be a mall only kind of place, but we've had drive-ins in Houston for years, and woohoo, we have them one here in OKC now. Not that I go often...maybe every couple of months. I used to go alot more frequently in Houston because it was alot closer to my home. But every now and again I get the craving for their fantabulous nuggets and lemonade (the real stuff, not the nasty Country Time stuff).
I also like the fact that they are a Christian company...and they actually do close on Sundays. They regularly have family events like concerts and theme days. Our local stand-alone had a princess day several months ago and it was really neat. All the little girls were decked out in finery, and they had crafts for the kids. Best of all was the horse-drawn carriage that gave free rides to all of the princesses who came.
And if you are actually taking the time to read all of this babble, here's a tip...if a Chick-fil-A is opening near you, be one of the first to be there on opening day and you will win BIGTIME (a free meal every week for a year was the typical prize last time I heard).
OK, enough of that...we took Rachel on a Day out with Thomas (the tank engine) today. The ride wasn't all that big of a deal, but she's really into choo-choos right now and we enjoyed watching her excitement over the whole thing. Once I get pics uploaded I'll share some. Have a great week!

No comments: